At Blackmans Bay Motors we value your safety and have installed in our workshop the Sherpa Test Lane which is German technology which tests your vehicle for Braking performance, Alignment of the wheels, Shock absorber condition and Weight distribution.
YOUR CAR’S BRAKING PERFORMANCE :
Measures individual wheels brake force, showing left to right imbalance and front to rear distribution.
- Checks that your car stops in a straight line.
- Highlights possible deficiencies in the braking system.
- Braking deficiencies are things such as oil-contaminated brakes, misadjusted brakes, misaligned brake linings, sticking brake calipers etc.
- Vehicles with braking deficiencies, in most cases, still have the ability to stop, but will require longer distances.
THE ALIGNMENT OF YOUR VEHICLE WHEELS :
The correct amount of toe in or out on your car’s wheels, is very important to your car’s on road performance.
- Effecting tread wear and life of your tyres.
- Vehicle straight line driveability.
- Need for a full alignment.
SHOCK ABSORBER CONDITION :
Worn shock absorbers reduce braking efficiency.
- Resulting in longer stopping distances.
- Increased risk of skidding in the wet.
- Less control when cornering.
- Increased wear on tyres and suspension components
Shows weight distribution, as well as total weight of your vehicle.
- The gross weight of a vehicle affects how the vehicle performs on the road.
- Checks the weight imbalance after fitting heavy accessories such as retro trays or bullbars etc.
ILLUSTRATED ON AN EASY TO READ REPORT:
On completion of the test a report is produced which clearly indicates the results on an easy to read sheet.